Hello loved one!
It is with much joy and astonishment to announce the arrival of our Adelyn Marie! She was born on May 26th at 11:38 PM. It was quite the memorable day!
The day started out with Kerri having some pretty uncomfortable back aches throughout her work day. I was busy trying to get our shingling crew to complete the first ever, three houses shingled in one day feat. As 5:30 pm approached, Kerri (with the advice from her mom) started to realized that the back pain was in fact, contractions! I hurried home to see what we would do. After some unsteady contractions and a phone call to the doctor, I decided we had better finish packing just in case Kerri would have to go to the hospital in a day or two. Throwing in a much needed load of laundry, I came upstairs to hear Kerri call out, "I think my water just broke!" Which I, in turn, responded, "Well, fix it." Just kidding, but our exit strategy quickened after that announcement. Throwing bags, clothes, pumps, a dog, and the kitchen sink into the car, we made our way to the hospital.
After getting checked out and her labor confirmed, dilated to a 2, Kerri and I were told to expect a long night of contractions. With the doctor not set the check her again until 11:30, Kerri set out the get into a relaxed state for the next two hours. By 10, she decided it was jet tub time.
I decided it was supper time, so I sprinted down to the cafeteria thinking I would have plenty of time to gulp down a bite to eat. A few minutes later, I came back to find Kerri in an intense amount of pain. She decided that a relaxed state was not going to cut it and asked for some pain relief. When checked, she had moved steadily from a 2 to a 6. After the pain relief, she decided to ask for the Epidural, but first she had to be checked again. So ten minutes later, she was checked again and to the shock of our nurse, she was a complete 10! So much for the pain relief.
The night became much more chaotic after that, the doctor, nurses, and gadgets arrived. To sum it up, Kerri only took about 14 minutes of pushing, before she was able to hold Adelyn Marie at 11:38! The doctor and nurses had to change all of their charts because they assumed it would take until the following day. Not bad for a first timer. Way to go Kerri!
Our precious daughter weighed in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces. Pretty good for being 37 weeks. She was 20 inches long and had some strong lungs.
Since then our life has been a blur, but we feel blessed and can't wait for you all to meet our lil' Addie!
No comments:
Post a Comment